Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tales of a gourmet nothing

I spent the first 15 minutes of my ride home from work last night trying to conjure up a dinner plan and the next 15 minutes feeling like a failure because all I could come up with was frozen fish sticks, frozen peas and mac and cheese from a box. While there's nothing inherently wrong with any of those foods (at least the mac and cheese was organic), I expect more from myself. I never wanted to be that working mom who resorted to cereal for dinner, but in my mind assorted frozen foods, warmed up of course, and cheese powder are no better.

Apparently my children's expectations for their evening meal are not quite as lofty as mine. After wolfing down seven fish sticks between the two of them and asking for more, my son cheerfully announced that he loved them "better than ice cream."

At least the money I make from selling all of my cookware on Craig's List will come in handy next month when the Christmas credit card bill comes to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment