Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yep, there's an app for that too

In case you read my first post, you may already suspect that I haven't quite kept my commitment to writing every day. If you fall in that camp, you would be correct. Almost.

While I haven't actually hit the keyboard every day, I have drafted near-daily posts in my head. This internal exercise typically occurs when I'm driving to work or taking a shower, the only two events that afford me a measure of peace in this season of my life. In fact, this post was largely written on my drive into the office today, and somewhere between the Monkey Wrench and the life-sized turquoise triceratops that sits contentedly behind a warehouse on (I believe) 15th St. I realized that I need a dictaphone.

Thank you to the app engineer who developed one for the iPhone! I'm planning to download it today, which, for this Luddite, will mark the milestone of downloading an app for which you have to pay. That's how committed I am to writing this blog. I'm sure my readership of four will be so pleased.

In case your brilliant ideas, like mine, only ask to come out and play when you're not in the position to open the door, check out the variety of dictaphone apps available for the iPhone. (There are versions available for the Droid as well if that's your smart phone of choice.) And be sure to thank your friendly neighborhood tech wizard for making it that much easier to make your brilliance public knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment